Keeping in line with the vision of the Chinmaya Mission, CMNZ is a registered charitable organisation with the Companies Office since 2002. It is also registered with the Charities Commission. For more details view our profile (here). CMNZ has been conducting activities in Auckland since 1999 and in Nelson since 1995-96. Subsequently, activities have sprung up in Wellington (2007) and Whanganui/Palmerston North (2012). Its activities are open to all and it caters to every age group in society, from 5 years and above with the main aim of sharing the benefits of our culture to the local community.
We have Swamini Amritananda and Swami Atulananda as our teachers who guide Mission’s activities in New Zealand and are based in Nelson and Auckland respectively along with a host of dedicated volunteers.
The Mission does not have a membership fee for its activities and is open to all. However, currently the mission serves nearly 200 children, 50 youth and nearly 1000 families through its activities and newsletters.
The main aim through the activities the Mission conducts is…
- To install humanitarian values in the hearts of the young (at Balvihar – Children’s weekly program);
- To provide a broader and more inspiring vision to life for the youth so as to bring out their best in their respective field of work (at Yuva Kendra – Youth Weekly Program) and To provide for the adults the path towards Truth of the scriptures (at the Study Groups).
- The various regular activities held by the Chinmaya Mission New Zealand are listed under:
- Balvihar classes for the children between 5 to 13 years,
- Youth classes for youngsters between 14 to 28 years,
- Yoga and Meditation classes (In Nelson),
- Adult discussion groups,
- Sanskrit Classes (in Auckland),
- Vedic Recitation (in Auckland),
- Local bi-annual Newsletters – CHINMAYA VISION
- Bhajan groups (in Auckland), and
- Camps, Women Retreats, Yagnas (Seminars & Workshops).
For details on our activities kindly visit our Events and Activities page on